Senior Financial Accountant
Published 29 October 2019
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Plenary Group is a leading specialized developer of long-term public-private partnership (PPP) projects. Since its inception in 2005, we have built a portfolio of 34 projects and more than $18.5 billion in North American assets under management. We are determined in our approach to deliver first-class infrastructure, build the right delivery solutions for the projects we work on and inspire people with our vision for transformational spaces.
Why work for Plenary? Recognized as one of Canada's Most Admired Corporate Cultures, a Great Place to Work, Best Workplaces for Inclusion + Best Employer for Recent Graduates, we pride ourselves on our winning workplace culture. Our focus is on empowering our employees, driving results, building strong camaraderie, and celebrating our wins as a team. Our workplace culture is like no other, and is our driving force to bring infrastructure to life.
Are you a self-starter aiming for flawless execution of accounting practices? If so, this role may be for you! We are seeking a dynamic and driven individual to join our Vancouver team. In this role, you will work closely with numerous stakeholders to prepare financial statements and focus on financial reporting for complex Canadian and US projects. In addition, you will have significant learning opportunities to pursue your professional growth and learn about a unique industry.
Sounds challenging and exciting, right? Check out the role and the attributes you need to be successful in the Senior Financial Accountant position:
- Working closely with the CFO, Finance Senior Management and the Operations team.
- Preparing monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements under IFRS and other reporting obligations for Project companies.
- Reviewing and interpreting Project Agreements.
- Monitoring project cash flows, preparing monthly journal entries and reconciling Project results to Financial Model.
- Assisting in budget preparation, cash flow forecasting, treasury management and financial modelling.
- Monitoring and managing the accounting process to ensure compliance with IFRS and internal controls.
- Completing account reconciliation and analyses.
- Preparing year-end audit working papers, financial statements, and notes to the financial statements.
- Coordinating annual audit of Project companies with external auditors.
- Responding and coordinating responses for financial queries from internal groups and external stakeholders.
- Liaising with key equity and business partners.
- Preparing periodic board reports and eventually presenting at board meetings.
- Preparing and filing sales tax returns and other regulatory reports and returns.
- Maintaining accounting policies, procedures and related documents.
- Coaching and mentoring Junior Financial Accountants.
- Supporting process implementation and streamlining to improve operating quality.
- Supporting management in other areas as required.
- Post-secondary education in Business, specifically in an Accounting discipline.
- CPA designation required.
- 5+ years of working experience in an Accounting role, with preferably 1-2 years in a Senior Financial Accountant capacity.
- Strong knowledge of accounting systems and software. Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP is particularly an asset.
- Ability to interpret complex legal and financial agreements/documents.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically strong Excel modeling skills.
- Experience in the construction industry is an asset.
- Strong work ethic and high level of personal and professional integrity.
If this sounds like a great fit for you, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. While only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview, be sure to continually check our website for other related positions as they are posted.