Proposal Specialist - Toronto
Published 04 October 2019
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Plenary is a leading specialized developer of long-term public-private partnership projects. Since its inception in 2005, we have built a portfolio of 34 projects and more than $18.5 billion in North American assets under management. We are determined in our approach to deliver first-class infrastructure, build the right delivery solutions for the projects we work on and inspire people with our vision for transformational spaces.
Why work for Plenary? Recognized as one of Canada's Most Admired Corporate Cultures, a Great Place to Work, Best Workplaces for Inclusion + Best Employer for Recent Graduates, we pride ourselves on our winning workplace culture. Our focus is on empowering our employees, driving results, building strong camaraderie, and celebrating our wins as a team. Our workplace culture is like no other, and is our driving force to bring infrastructure to life.
We are seeking a brilliant and creative person to join our Toronto team as a Proposal Specialist. As a Proposal Specialist, you will be responsible for managing the proposal workflow including proposal development, business development and related marketing tasks. You will ensure that Plenary responds to solicitations (Request for Qualifications (RFQ), Request for Proposals (RFP), etc.) with high-quality and client-focused content when preparing the proposals. Reporting to the Proposal Manager, you will create cohesive and articulate narratives through the integration of information provided in various formats (pre-written, verbal, graphic), and will also work as a memeber of our project bid teams accountable to the Origination bid lead. The Proposal Specialist will manage internal proposal deliverables with strong emphasis on proposal design and coordination. This position may require some travel based on project needs.
Sounds exciting, right? Check out the role and the attributes you need to be successful in the Proposal Specialist position:
- Assist in the proposal production process by liaising with contributors from all levels of the organization.
- Proofread and edit proposals to ensure they follow Plenary standards for accuracy, quality writing, marketing focus and brand.
- Assist in developing and implementing win strategies, marketing themes and differentiators in proposal submissions.
- Develop marketing materials for proposals including project sheets, firm overviews, resumes and other graphic elements.
- Design proposals, qualification documents, reports and presentation materials.
- Execute the layout, printing, and delivery of proposals.
- Review and take on assigned RFQs and RFPs.
- Identify RFQ/RFP deliverables and establish submission schedules.
- Coordinate proposal kick-off and review meetings, identify and track action items and maintain communication with team members regarding deadlines and requirements.
- Coordinate, organize and assemble material and required content.
- Coordinate bid debriefs including tracking proposal efforts, outcomes and lessons learned that can be applied on future submissions.
- Ensure all prepared proposal and qualification submissions are high quality, compliant and communicate our capabilities and value of service.
- Create and update templates, project profiles and team member resumes.
- Document management and distribution of documents to the Origination and/or client teams.
- Maintain up-to-date proposal folders and logs.
- Attend meetings as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned to ensure the success of the team and the entire organization.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree preferably in English, Creative Writing, Graphic Design or equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
- At least one year's experience in proposal coordination or graphic design an advantage.
- Experience working in infrastructure and construction industry preferred.
- Proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite is required (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.).
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Demonstrated experience working in a fast-paced environment managing multiple deliverables.
- Creative, highly-motivated and innovative individual.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
If this sounds like a great fit for you, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. While only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview, be sure to continually check our website for other related positions as they are posted.