Project Manager - Tampa
Published 30 October 2019
Miami, Florida, USA
Plenary Group is a leading specialized developer of long-term Public-Private Partnership (PPP) projects. Since its inception in 2005, we have built a portfolio of 34 projects and more than $18.5 billion in North American assets under management. We are determined in our approach to deliver first-class infrastructure, build the right delivery solutions for the projects we work on and inspire people with our vision for transformational spaces. Recent successes in USA include the grand opening of the Long Beach Civic Center in Long Beach, California and completion of phase two on the UC Merced 2020 Project in Merced, California.
Why work for Plenary? Recognized as a Great Place to Work in the USA and Canada, and one of Fortune’s Best Workplaces in Financial Services, we pride ourselves on our winning workplace culture. Our focus is on empowering our employees, driving results, building strong camaraderie, and celebrating our wins as a team. Our workplace culture is like no other, and is our driving force to bring infrastructure to life.
Learn more about us by visiting www.plenarygroup.com
As a member of the Project Delivery team, you will be responsible for the management of all technical components of large scale infrastructure and property transactions from project conception, facility commissioning, and project operations. You will direct, control and manage technical consultants and contractors to develop world-class development proposals and then ensure all project commitments, contracted milestones and deliverables are monitored and met. Your primary objective will be to ensure that Plenary successfully manages its obligations and meets its project commitments in public infrastructure buildings it is developing and operating under a PPP framework, thereby building a premier reputation for Plenary with government client entities, business partners and community stakeholders in the concessions market.
The role will be based in Miami, FL where the experienced building Project Manager will directly oversee the Project with future relocation potential within Plenary. This is a signature, high-profile, judicial project in downtown Miami where you will report directly to the Senior Vice President and be given every opportunity to take ownership and excel your career, with our support to pursue your professional growth.
If this sounds challenging and exciting, check out the role and the attributes you need to be successful in the Project Manager position:
The Project Manager role includes the following responsibilities:
During the construction phase of projects assigned, have responsibility to:
- Implement a Project Management system framework that complies with Plenary requirements and the Project Agreement for the projects you are assigned;
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the Project Agreement and related sub-agreements (e.g. Services and Construction contracts, etc.) and develop an inventory of Construction and Operations deliverables for Plenary and its partners. Implement a system to manage the timely delivery of obligations;
- Attend and participate in all design and construction meetings to ensure compliance with the Contract Documents and efficient communications between all Project parties;
- Review and provide feedback on project documentation submitted by Construction and Service Partners (e.g. Policies and Procedures Manuals, Transition Reports, etc.);
- Coordinate with Plenary Delivery reps, ensuring that a seamless transition of service delivery takes place between completion of the construction phase and commencement of the operations phase;
- Ensure that close working relationships are established between all parties during both the construction and operations phases and that there is effective service integration between the service providers and the client; and
- Prepare regular monthly and quarterly reports regarding any design and construction, operations, and asset performance information required for distribution to the Plenary Boards for the relevant project and ensure compliance with related Management Services Agreements.
During the operations phase of the projects assigned, have day-to-day responsibility to:
- Manage the Operations, Maintenance and Rehabilitation budgets to ensure optimal financial outcomes are achieved;
- Oversee annual forecasts for reviewable services provided by service providers to ensure any financial risks to Plenary are managed;
- Ensure that Plenary and its subcontractors meet all of their service requirements detailed in the Project Agreement;
- Manage all aspects of the transition from the existing phases to new phases of the project;
- Continuously monitor and assess all Operations, Maintenance and Rehabilitation aspects to ensure they are meeting the service specifications as defined in the OMR technical specifications;
- Regularly monitor Plenary’s operating budget to ensure effective budget management controls are in place;
- Review service partners' service delivery budgets to ensure the budget process outlined in the relevant Management Services Agreements is strictly complied with;
- Ensure Plenary complies with its obligations in the Services Agreements with service partners;
- Implement communication and relationship management plans relating to all stakeholders;
- Develop and implement Plenary’s Quality, Safety and Environmental management systems;
- Assist with the development, implementation and review of the annual business plan;
- Prepare and present regular monthly and quarterly operations and asset performance reports for distribution to the Plenary Boards for the relevant project and ensure compliance with related Management Services Agreements;
- Monitor and review client and stakeholder satisfaction; and
- Oversee administration of the Plenary Group Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS), if applicable.
- Support Senior Management in all other areas as required and work extended hours as required.
In addition, your general day-to-day responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Provide effective and professional project management to successfully complete and to ensure that all project commitments, contracted milestones and deliverables are met. The role runs from the bid phase through the complete design-build delivery lifecycle to operational handover.
Procurement Management Support:
Assist in directing, controlling and managing consultants and contractors to coordinate their input into project proposals in a timely manner and ensure that there is innovative and cost effective quality content and a full and complete submission. This involves extensive communication with all consultants and advisors and regular review of the progress of their work to ensure that the optimal winning solution is developed and that the solution is accurately reflected in the bid.
Cost Management and Budget Control:
Manage and coordinate the preparation of project risk registers and budgets to ensure that costs are accurately identified for project proposals, and support the project team in negotiation up to financial close. Then, manage within these parameters during the management and the delivery phase of the construction.
Project manage all deliverables and milestones including management and tracking of risks throughout the project lifecycle from the initial opportunity identification through to construction and operational handover. Ensure accurate project reporting to Plenary Group management.
Quality and Standards:
Ensure that the quality and standards of Plenary Group are maintained in terms of proposal, contract and project documentation.
Support the Project Leader in all aspects of the acceptance reviews of contractor’s works and preparation for operational handover, including ensuring that all necessary client documentation is complete and accurate.
- Post-secondary education preferably in engineering, business/commerce or construction management
- 7-10 years of working experience in project management – specifically within construction or facility management would be an asset
- A professional attitude to successfully deliver major capital works
- A solid knowledge of the design, construction, permitting and engineering industries
- An understanding of contract law and demonstrated contract management experience
- Skills in cost planning and cost control of major capital projects
- Sound project management and documentation control skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and excellent writing and editing skills
- Effectively manage multiple projects of varying size and complexity under tight deadlines
- Strong work ethic and high level of personal and professional integrity
- Work positively within a cohesive team to achieve the common goal of project completion
- Strong initiative, enthusiasm, drive and commitment with acceptance of the requirement for extended work hours
- PPP project experience preferred but not essential
- Experience using Sharepoint and a scheduling or project management software would be an asset
If this sounds like a great fit for you, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunity employer. While only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview, be sure to continually check our website for other related positions as they are posted.