Published 05 March 2019
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Plenary Group is a leading specialized developer of long-term public-private partnership (PPP) projects. Since its inception in 2005, we have built a portfolio of 32 projects and more than $17 billion in North American assets under management. We are determined in our approach to deliver first-class infrastructure, build the right delivery solutions for the projects we work on and inspire people with our vision for transformational spaces. Recent successes in Canada include substantial completion on the Stoney Transit Facility project in Calgary, Alberta and financial close on the Abbotsford Law Courts project in Abbotsford, British Columbia.
Why work for Plenary? Recognized as one of Canada's Most Admired Corporate Cultures, a Great Place to Work, Best Workplaces for Inclusion + Best Employer for Recent Graduates, we pride ourselves on our winning workplace culture. Our focus is on empowering our employees, driving results, building strong camaraderie, and celebrating our wins as a team. Our workplace culture is like no other, and is our driving force to bring infrastructure to life.
Do you enjoy working with Project Managers, aiming for flawless execution of projects? If so, this role may be for you! We are seeking a dynamic and driven individual to join our Toronto team. In this role, you will manage all technical components of large scale infrastructure and ensure all project commitments, milestones and deliverables are monitored and met. Your strengths fall in the areas of writing, proof-reading, organization and highly effective administration. You prefer an environment where you can exercise your multi-tasking skills and prioritize successfully. You are an independent and self-motivated individual, who enjoys the challenges of working under their own initiative, while at the same time appreciates a team centered environment and works towards the success of the team. You are outgoing, and understand the importance of discretion when dealing with confidential materials and correspondence.
Additionally, you will have the opportunity to report directly to the Senior Vice President in our Toronto office. You will be given every opportunity to take ownership and excel your career, with our support to pursue your professional growth. Sounds challenging and exciting, right? Check out the role and the attributes you need to be successful in the Project Coordinator position:
- Serve as an integral member of the Delivery team.
- Coordinate project team schedules, meetings, submittals and gather close-out documents such as drawings, manuals, etc.
- Liaise with clients, partners, contractors and other project related personnel and effectively communicate relevant project information to ensure a seamless operation of the project life cycle.
- Prepare and distribute project related correspondence including reports, qualification documents, RFI and RFP’s, presentations and other confidential communications.
- Support all aspects of contract management including notices, change orders, and on-going monitoring.
- Manage a change order database and advise Project Managers of the status and any issues impacting client relations.
- Ensure the adherence of project control procedures and maintain all project related documentation.
- Monitor deliverables, quality of work and pricing with contractors and other service providers.
- Support management in other areas as required, including the Pursuit/Construction/Operations phase.
- Post-secondary education.
- 2+ years of working experience in project coordination – specifically within construction, facility management or P3 projects would be an asset.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and excellent writing and editing skills.
- Effectively able to manage multiple projects of varying size and complexity under tight deadlines.
- Strong work ethic and high level of personal and professional integrity.
- Work positively within a cohesive team to achieve the common goal of project completion.
- Knowledge of construction and facility management processes and terminology is preferred.
- Experience using SharePoint and a scheduling or project management software would be an asset.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary with annual bonus potential.
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision, and RRSP plan with employer contribution.
- Four weeks vacation.
- Long-term development opportunities and ability to be part of an exciting and growing industry.
We are an equal opportunity employer. While only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview, be sure to continually check our website for other related positions.