Junior Financial Accountant
Published 06 February 2019
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Plenary Group is a leading specialized developer of long-term public-private partnership (PPP) projects. Since its inception in 2005, we have built a portfolio of 32 projects and more than $17 billion in North American assets under management. We are determined in our approach to deliver first-class infrastructure, build the right delivery solutions for the projects we work on and inspire people with our vision for transformational spaces. Recent successes in Canada include substantial completion on the Stoney Transit Facility project in Calgary, Alberta and financial close on the Abbotsford Law Courts project in Abbotsford, British Columbia.
Why work for Plenary? Recognized as one of Canada's Most Admired Corporate Cultures, a Great Place to Work, Best Workplaces for Inclusion + Best Employer for Recent Graduates, we pride ourselves on our winning workplace culture. Our focus is on empowering our employees, driving results, building strong camaraderie, and celebrating our wins as a team. Our workplace culture is like no other, and is our driving force to bring infrastructure to life.
Are you a detail-oriented individual who wants to be part of a fast-paced and high-growth environment? If yes, this role may be for you! We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our Vancouver team. In this role, you will work closely with various accountants on financial reporting and compliance. The ideal candidate will have exceptional organizational and communication skills and thrive in an industrious work environment. In addition, you will have significant learning opportunities to pursue your professional growth and learn about a unique industry. Sounds challenging and exciting, right? Check out the role and the attributes you need to be successful in the Junior Accountant position:
- Work closely with various stakeholders including: Finance Managers, Senior Accountants, Director of Finance and the Operations team. You will be responsible for preparing monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements on IFRS and GAAP basis including GAAP basis for Project companies.
- Preparing bank reconciliations.
- Monitoring project cash flows, preparing monthly journal entries.
- Responding and coordinating responses for financial queries from internal groups and external stakeholders. Liaising with key equity and business partners and eventually presenting at board meetings.
- Assist in preparation of GST returns and other regulatory reports and returns.
- Preparing and filing government regulatory reports and remittances as required.
- Preparing various management reports and completing project reporting obligations.
- Maintaining accounting policies, procedures and related documents.
- Supporting process implementation and streamlining to improve operating quality.
- Support management and other accountants in other areas as required.
- Exposure/involvement with financial statements is preferred, but not required.
- Post-secondary education in Business, specifically in an Accounting discipline.
- 1-2 years of working experience in an Accounting role.
- Strong knowledge of accounting systems and software would be preferred. Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP is particularly an asset.
- Ability to interpret complex legal and financial agreements/documents is preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically of Excel.
- Experience in the construction industry is an asset.
- Strong work ethic and high level of personal and professional integrity.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary with annual bonus potential.
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision, and RRSP plan with employer contribution.
- Four weeks' vacation.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. While only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview, be sure to continually check our website for other related positions as they are posted.