Published 09 April 2019
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Plenary Group is a leading specialized developer of long-term public-private partnership (PPP) projects. Since its inception in 2005, we have built a portfolio of 32 projects and more than $17 billion in North American assets under management. We are determined in our approach to deliver first-class infrastructure, build the right delivery solutions for the projects we work on and inspire people with our vision for transformational spaces. Recent successes in Canada include substantial completion on the Stoney Transit Facility project in Calgary, Alberta and financial close on the Abbotsford Law Courts project in Abbotsford, British Columbia.
Are you a self-starter aiming for an interesting career in facilities management and project delivery? If so, this role may be for you! We are seeking a driven individual to join our Ottawa office. In this role, you will report into the CEO of Plenary Properties and be responsible for overseeing a one million sqft facility. You will be responsible for leveraging your FM knowledge and project management capabilities to oversee the delivery of operational services for our P3 client. The ideal candidate will have a strong facilities management background complemented with commercial experience managing large contracts. You will also oversee the onsite delivery of Food Services and management of retail tenants. In turn, you will have significant learning opportunities to pursue your professional growth and learn about a unique industry.
Sounds challenging and exciting, right? Check out the role and the attributes you need to be successful in the FM Manager position:
- Provide oversight of the delivery of FM and Food Services to our site clients.
- Work closely with our client and subcontractor to meet stringent delivery requirements.
- Develop long-range solutions that enable our client to meet their operational needs while simultaneously enabling Plenary to expand its business.
- Monitor and track Change Orders from initiation to completion.
- Provide project management support to complex initiatives.
- Monitor sub-contractor’s Preventative Maintenance and Life Cycle Schedules.
- Review, approve, and submit required periodic reports to the client.
- Perform monthly facility condition inspections to identify items requiring attention.
- Act as the primary point of contact for retail tenants (Little Acorn Daycare and Royal Bank).
- Act as the interface between the Crown and subcontractor/Food Services on all issues of a contractual nature.
- Chair monthly meetings as per contractual obligations.
- Monitor the Annual Deliverables schedule to ensure that all submission dates are met.
- Propose innovative FM and Energy Efficiency solutions to meet client’s current and future needs.
- Compile data and prepare and maintain project-related documentation.
- Must be available for occasional after hours’ assistance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary education, specifically a Bachelor of Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years of FM experience.
- This opportunity is primarily within the National Security landscape and requires Level III Top Secret clearance to be attained.
- PMP certification or equivalent experience is an asset.
- Client-focused and ability to thrive in a client centric environment.
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to use Microsoft Office.
- Strong work ethic and high level of personal and professional integrity.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. While only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview, be sure to continually check our website for other related positions as they are posted.