Published 29 October 2019
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Plenary Group is a leading specialized developer of long-term public-private partnership (PPP) projects. Since its inception in 2005, we have built a portfolio of 34 projects and more than $18.5 billion in North American assets under management. We are determined in our approach to deliver first-class infrastructure, build the right delivery solutions for the projects we work on and inspire people with our vision for transformational spaces.
Why work for Plenary? Recognized as one of Canada's Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Ranked #2 for 2019 Best Workplaces for Financial Services and certified as a Great Place to Work in Canada and the USA, we pride ourselves on our winning workplace culture. Our focus is on empowering our employees, driving results, building strong camaraderie, and celebrating our wins as a team. Our workplace culture is like no other, and is our driving force to bring infrastructure to life.
Are you a self-starter aiming for flawless execution of accounting practices? If so, this role may be for you! We are seeking a dynamic and driven individual to join our Vancouver team. In this role, you will work closely with numerous stakeholders to prepare financial statements and focus on financial reporting for our North American projects. In addition, you will have significant learning opportunities to pursue your professional growth and learn about a unique industry.
Sounds challenging and exciting right? Check out the role and the attributes you need to be successful in the Financial Accountant position:
- Working closely with Finance Senior Management and Senior Accountants.
- Responsible for assisting with the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements for project companies under IFRS.
- Ensure Project Reporting obligations are met as required.
- Assisting in budget preparation and cash flow forecasting.
- Performing account reconciliation and analyses.
- Preparing invoicing to customers.
- Reviewing and interpreting Project Agreements.
- Reconciliation of Project results to Financial Model.
- Preparation of various management reports.
- Assist in preparation of HST/GST returns and other regulatory reports and returns.
- Preparation of working papers, financial statements and notes to the financial statements for year-end external audit.
- Support management in all other areas as required.
- Post-secondary education in Business, specifically in an Accounting discipline.
- CPA designation preferred.
- 2+ years of working experience in an Accounting role.
- Strong knowledge of accounting systems and software. Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP is particularly an asset.
- Ability to interpret complex legal and financial agreements/documents.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically strong Excel modeling skills.
- Experience in the construction industry is an asset.
- Strong work ethic and high level of personal and professional integrity.
If this sounds like a great fit for you, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. While only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview, be sure to continually check our website for other related positions as they are posted.