Equipment Operator I
Published 25 April 2019
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Plenary is a leading specialized developer of long-term public-private partnership (PPP) projects. Since its inception in 2005, we have built a portfolio of 32 projects and more than $17 billion in North American assets under management. We are determined in our approach to deliver first-class infrastructure, build the right delivery solutions for the projects we work on and inspire people with our vision for transformational spaces. Recent successes in Canada include substantial completion on the Stoney Transit Facility project in Calgary, Alberta and financial close on the Abbotsford Law Courts project in Abbotsford, British Columbia.
Why Work for Plenary?
Recognized as one of Canada's Most Admired Corporate Cultures, a Great Place to Work, Best Workplaces for Inclusion + Best Employer for Recent Graduates, we pride ourselves on our winning workplace culture. Our focus is on empowering our employees, driving results, building strong camaraderie, and celebrating our wins as a team. Our workplace culture is like no other, and is our driving force to bring infrastructure to life. Learn more about us by visiting www.plenarygroup.com
We are seeking a dynamic and driven individual to join our Winnipeg team. As a Equipment Operator I, you will be responsible for maintenance, servicing and repairs of roads and other infrastructure assets. Additionally, you will be responsible for heavy equipment operation and other functions involved in the maintenance, servicing and repairs of roads and other infrastructure assets. You will also be responsible for maintaining contracted assets (such as roadways, medians, signs, guardrails, fences, bridges, tunnels, vegetation, etc.) per standards in the contract and as directed by the management team. The ideal incumbent will demonstrate strong ownership, initiative, drive and commitment to being an integral part of our Winnipeg team. Sounds challenging and exciting right? Check out the role and the attributes you need to be successful in this position.
This position will be a year round position and while this will be primarily a day-shift position, flexibility in shifting of hours of work is required in order to effectively deal with snow and ice control through the winter as well as summer time maintenance duties as required.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Removal of snow and ice throughout the entire project.
- Operation of vehicles and mobile equipment such as wheel loaders, skid steers, mowers etc. in both summer and winter.
- Creates safe Maintenance of Traffic (M.O.T.) control by setup and removal of traffic control devices including cones, message/arrow boards, temporary signage etc.
- Must be comfortable working from heights in bucket trucks, scaffolding, ladders and aerial platform lifts.
- Basic maintenance and repair of bridge structures, railings, expansion joints, doors, and painting as required.
- Repairs/maintains functionality of roadway catch basins, sumps and pumps, fire hydrants and other mechanical assets through use of shovels and other hand or power tools and equipment.
- Repairs/maintains functionality of Pump Station components.
- Required to be available for emergency response rotations as need for overtime, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Carry out all duties in line with Company policies and procedures as amended from time to time.
- Maintain and repair Transitways, Roadways, Active Transportation Paths, and other surfaces including potholes, striping, adding or replacing reflectors, working with concrete and asphalt.
- Creates safe traffic control by setup and removal of traffic control devices including cones, message/arrow boards, temporary signage, etc.
- Maintains clean appearance of Transitways, stations, Roadways, ditches through litter and debris removal and disposal (may use litter claw or other device).
- Repairs/maintains functionality of slopes, berms, culverts, drains, etc. through use of shovels and other hand or power tools and equipment.
- Controls vegetation appearance and growth through use of lawn mowing equipment, hand or power trimmers, and chemical sprayers and other methods.
- Maintains the appearance and functionality of signs, guardrails, fence, and lighting through repair and/or replacement using hand or power tools.
- Use of a computerized maintenance management system and other computer programs such as Microsoft Word and Excel is required so experience of this type would be an asset.
- The successful incumbent must present a valid Class 5 Manitoba Driver’s License and a current Driver’s Abstract.
- The successful incumbent must have proven experience operating medium-sized mobile equipment.
We are an equal opportunity employer. While only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview, be sure to continually check our website for other related positions.