Project Finance (P3) Associate
Published 03 June 2019
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Plenary Group is a leading specialized developer of long-term public-private partnership (PPP) projects. Since its inception in 2005, we have built a portfolio of 33 projects and more than $17.7 billion in North American assets under management. We are determined in our approach to deliver first-class infrastructure, build the right delivery solutions for the projects we work on and inspire people with our vision for transformational spaces. Recent successes in Canada include substantial completion on the Stoney Transit Facility project in Calgary, Alberta and financial close on the Abbotsford Law Courts project in Abbotsford, British Columbia.
Why work for Plenary? Recognized as one of Canada's Most Admired Corporate Cultures, a Great Place to Work, Best Workplaces for Inclusion + Best Employer for Recent Graduates, we pride ourselves on our winning workplace culture. Our focus is on empowering our employees, driving results, building strong camaraderie, and celebrating our wins as a team. Our workplace culture is like no other, and is our driving force to bring infrastructure to life.
We are seeking a dynamic and driven individual to join our Toronto team. As an Associate in the Origination Group, you will be part of a team leading our pursuit of P3 projects across North America. Working closely with senior management, you will be responsible for structuring and delivering debt and equity financing solutions, negotiating commercial arrangements and managing our entire bid team. The ideal incumbent must be a lateral thinker with the ability to identify solutions to complex problems, and be interested in a career within the private equity environment. You must demonstrate strong ownership, initiative, drive and commitment. Reporting to the Group Co-Head, Origination, your primary responsibility will be to build and manage the financial model for P3 projects in Canada and the US and support the bid lead with every aspect of the procurement process. You will be given every opportunity to excel in your career, with support to pursue your professional growth. Sounds challenging and exciting, right? Check out the responsibilities of the role and the attributes you need to be successful in the Project Finance (P3) Associate position:
- Financial modeling and analysis, including development and execution of detailed capital markets funding solutions.
- Analysis and negotiation of commercial structures for potential transactions.
- Assist bid lead in developing team’s response to requests for qualifications and requests for proposals.
- Preparation of documents including credit papers, ratings papers, briefs, client communications, presentations and bid documents.
- Support senior management in other areas as required.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree preferably in Finance, Economics, Accounting or Engineering, or equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
- At least one to two years' of experience in private equity or exposure to the P3 market is considered an advantage.
- Exposure to a structured transactional environment in investment banking or accounting will be highly regarded, together with an understanding of general accounting and taxation principles.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to create, complete and manage complex MS Excel financial models.
- Excellent organizational and coordination skills with the ability to effectively manage time, priorities and multiple deliverables.
- Solid communication skills (both written and oral) with the ability to make and create bid submission documents, credit papers and contract reviews and explain them in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction, but also work cohesively in a small team environment.
- Understanding of general business law with the ability to review and comprehend legal documents.
- Extended work hours and travel as required.
- Advanced in Microsoft Excel, and other Microsoft Office tools.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. While only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview, be sure to continually check our website for other related positions as they are posted.