Published 25 April 2019
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Plenary is a leading specialized developer of long-term public-private partnership (PPP) projects. Since its inception in 2005, we have built a portfolio of 32 projects and more than $17 billion in North American assets under management. We are determined in our approach to deliver first-class infrastructure, build the right delivery solutions for the projects we work on and inspire people with our vision for transformational spaces. Recent successes in Canada include substantial completion on the Stoney Transit Facility project in Calgary, Alberta and financial close on the Abbotsford Law Courts project in Abbotsford, British Columbia.
Why Work for Plenary?
Recognized as one of Canada's Most Admired Corporate Cultures, a Great Place to Work, Best Workplaces for Inclusion + Best Employer for Recent Graduates, we pride ourselves on our winning workplace culture. Our focus is on empowering our employees, driving results, building strong camaraderie, and celebrating our wins as a team. Our workplace culture is like no other, and is our driving force to bring infrastructure to life. Learn more about us by visiting www.plenarygroup.com
We are seeking a dynamic and driven individual to join our Winnipeg team. As an Administrative Assistant, you will be responsible for a diverse set of administrative tasks including management support, general scheduling and bookings, Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) administration, organization and coordination of the office, and local site support. The incumbent is ultimately responsible for seamless operations of the office, suggesting and implementing ideas to enhance day-to-day operations where possible and supporting the site with its projects and deliverables. The ideal incumbent will demonstrate strong ownership, initiative, drive and commitment. Sounds challenging and exciting right? Check out the role and the attributes you need to be successful in the Administrative Assistant position.
Please note that the incumbent in this position is expected to work 20-25 hours per week.
- General office administration including but not limited to: reception, answering phones, greeting clients, sending and receiving couriers/mail, ordering office and kitchen supplies, kitchen management, operating and maintaining office equipment, filing.
- Administration of the Computerized Maintenance Management System software used to schedule maintenance tasks on the project.
- Coordinating requirements of internal meetings including scheduling, testing and setting up of A/V, ordering catering.
- Coordinate schedules, appointments, meetings etc. Greet clients and visitors to the office, place catering or food orders and support senior management in other areas as required.
- Coordinate internal and external video conference meetings, including troubleshooting of equipment, communications with internal or external office staff, IT department etc.
- Check office mail, and liaise with internal finance department related to timely management of office invoices, subscriptions, expenses and renewals.
- Coordinate travel as required for local site personnel.
- Prepare documents including but not limited to letters, faxes, memos and emails as required.
- Order and maintain inventory of office snacks, supplies and equipment. Set up new and existing employees with technology as required (i.e. monitors, laptops), liaise with office supply vendors, implement ideas to enhance cost effectiveness and improve employee satisfaction and overall office environment.
- Develop and implement filing and organizational procedures, maintain contact lists, order business cards, plan on-site and off-site activities, and other ad hoc needs as required.
- May be asked to assist the designated safety person and participate in health and safety committee meetings.
- Train office on company-wide tools such as navigating Sharepoint, Mxie, Collage etc.
- Work closely with local Site Management to maintain a pulse on the office, and suggest activities/events to maintain employee culture.
- Serve as the primary liaison with other offices (both internal and external) on multiple interaction issues as necessary.
- Work extended hours as required to meet business needs.
- Perform other duties as assigned and support management in other areas as required to ensure the success of the team and the entire organization.
Minimum Bacherlor's degree or equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
At least two years’ experience in an Administrative Assistant capacity.
Intermediate experience using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) etc.
Experience in Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) software administration would be considered an asset.
Strong work-ethic, organizational skills, and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Excellent ability to effectively manage time, priorities and multiple deliverables.
Must be able to maintain high standard of ethics and confidentiality when dealing with sensitive information.
Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
Ability to work independently with minimal direction, but also work cohesively in a small team environment.
Being resourceful and taking initiative to understand the business and deliverables.
Ability to exercise good judgement, show initiative and be proactive.
Ability to independently solve problems and make recommendations.
Positive attitude, strong team player and professional conduct.
Extended work hours as required.
We are an equal opportunity employer. While only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview, be sure to continually check our website for other related positions.